The project involved the adaptive re-use and historic restoration of an 1883 brick and timber firehouse into a new senior center utilizing Community Development Block & Massachusetts Historical Commission funding grants. The center serves 4,890 elders. The Scope of work included a multi-purpose room, commercial kitchen, classrooms, lowering of the basement floor for a game room and wood working shop, adult supportive day care, a terraced plaza, offices, new elevator (located in the hose drying tower), addition of exterior fire stairs and all new mechanical systems. The exterior restoration included the historic replication of the original brick arches and doors, rusticated replacement stone, slate roof, replacing the historically significant sheathing on the hose tower as well as the restoration of the weather vane. Project required extensive involvement with the local historic commission as well as the Massachusetts Historic Commission. The center was the recipient of an MHC award and additional funding from MCH. (Listed on National Historic Register).